Balancing the tires of your vehicle is an essential maintenance task since this allows overall weight distribution to your wheels and tires. Without a balancing method, you’ll cause uneven tire tread wear and further degradation to your fleet’s performance.
A common question we hear about balancing your vehicle’s wheel and tire isr, “why should I use balancing beads instead of weights?”. It’s a great question!
Balancing beads have a more positive impact than weights since beads stabilize the axle, tire, and wheel more evenly. Let’s dig in.
Disadvantages Of Weights Over Balancing Beads
To make the right decision over which type of balancing method applies best to your vehicle, it’s important to consider all of the pieces that must be balanced, as well as learning the differences between them:
Weights come in a plaque shaped option. They are made of different materials such as zinc, lead, and steel. More of their characteristics are:
- Weights are adhered to the inside of the tire by dismounting the tire and wheel from the vehicle for rebalancing.
- During the installation process, each tire takes about 25 minutes per wheel to one hour labor for balancing.
- After a certain time, weights wear; therefore, they have to be removed and replaced.
- They can be knocked off during rough terrain rides, having to replace each lost weight later on.
- Due to the weights limited balancing benefit there will still be uneven tread wear.
With the advances in technology on balancing beads, more and more fleets consider this balancing method their best option. They have shown plenty of positive effects on the performance of wheels and tires. Furthermore:
- The balancing beads installation process is simpler than the one for weights. You can install them without even having to dismount the tire, for they are injected directly into the tire through the air valve.
- The installation process takes only 5 minutes per wheel.
- There is only a need for a one-time installation for the life of the tire.
- They provide positive results on fuel economy, especially in high-speed line haul applications.
- They reduce vehicle vibration considerably and minimize premature and irregular wear in comparison to weights.
As you can see, with balancing beads, you’ll potentially increase your vehicle’s tire performance. Don’t hesitate more and get the balancing beads for the sake of your vehicle.
ABC Balancing Beads
At ABC Balancing Beads, we offer a unique memory technology in balancing beads. We even differ from other traditional balancing beads in the marketplace because our electrostatic charge allows our beads to remain stabilized and in place even at a stop. They’ll enable a completely balanced axle in the tire, wheel, and all the moving components of the wheel assembly for the life of the tire.
Our balance beads will deliver nothing more than high-quality results at all times, not just at highway speeds. Get in contact with us today and have the best vehicle balancing experience.