The Effects of Unbalanced Tires
Does something feel off with your vehicle? Is it hard to keep a straight direction no matter how hard you steer? You probably already feel worried and anxious because you’ll have to schedule an early visit to the shop. However, there’s no need to panic. These are common signs of unbalanced tires in all types of vehicles.
Usually, tires are balanced every 5,000 km or every time you visit the shop; whichever comes first. However, some external factors can be responsible for your tires to get out of balance faster than they should. In this blog, we’ll go through the common causes and effects of unbalanced wheels, and recommend you the best internal balancing method.
4 Main Causes Of Unbalanced Tires
- Road Hazards: You can’t always avoid road hazards like potholes, bumps, and curbs. Even if you manage to dodge them, the shock on your suspension system could cause one of your tires to get out of balance.
- Tire Wear: The more a tire wears down, the less it can handle the rotation and the more likely it is to lose its balance.
- Poor installation: You may have unbalanced wheels if your tire isn’t properly installed. This usually happens when nuts or screws are tightened enough, or the tire isn’t centered correctly.
- Uneven Tire Wear: This is usually caused by underlying steering, brakes, or suspension system issues. Make sure to check those components regularly and address any problems right away.
- Wheel Unalignment: When your wheels are not properly aligned, the tire will wear down faster and be more likely to get out of balance.
Look Out For These Unbalanced Tires Signs!
Do you think your tires may be out of balance? It can easily go unnoticed, but there are a few telltale signs. Keep an eye open for the following clues that point to tires in need of equilibrium:
- Vibrating throughout the vehicle – If mindful, you can feel these vibrations at any speed. Nonetheless, they become more apparent when driving on highways – particularly at 50 mph and higher.
- Unusual tire wear patterns – In some cases, tire imbalance can cause curved impressions along your tire’s inner or outer edge. These dents often resemble a cup shape and are referred to as scalloping.
- Strange noises coming from your vehicle – When your tires are unevenly balanced, they can cause a variety of noises, such as humming and buzzing. These sounds become more prominent the faster you drive.
- Decreased fuel economy – If you notice a sudden drop in fuel economy, it’s likely due to an unbalanced tire on your vehicle that is forcing the car to work harder.
Keep Everything In Balance With Balancing Beads For Tires
At ABC Balancing Beads, we want you to avoid multiple trips to the shop and costly repairs. Therefore, we’ve created tempered glass-coated wheel balancing beads that will balance your tires in only 5 minutes! You deserve to drive peacefully and safely every time, so our balancing beads for tires ensure a balanced drive regardless of your tire speed and direction.
Give us a call, ask about our wheel balancing beads, and balance your tires!