How Many Balancing Beads Does My Vehicle Need?
Have you ever heard about balancing beads? Those small spheres are responsible for balancing your entire vehicle. Tire balancing beads are important to keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely. But how much of them do you actually need?
Too few beads in your tires can cause the tread to wear unevenly, leading to several problems. Too many beads can cause your tires to overheat, leading to a blowout. The key is to find the right balance. In this blog, we’ll help you find it!
What To Know Before Using Tire Balancing Beads
The number of wheel balancing beads you need will depend on the size and weight of your vehicle. A general guideline is to use 2 ounces of beads per tire for cars and light trucks and 4 ounces for heavy trucks. If you’re unsure how much to use, this chart can be helpful https://www.abcbalancingbeads.com/application-chart/.
Keep In Mind A Few Things:
- Make sure the beads are evenly distributed around the tire.
- Don’t over-inflate your tires. The ideal tire pressure is usually between 32 and 35 PSI.
- Look for silicon-coated beads to avoid any clumping inside the tire.
- When the tire is new, it’s better to use drop-in bags and then adjust the tire onto the vehicle.
- The bead installation process takes only 5 minutes per tire.
How Can Balancing Beads Benefit Your Vehicle?
Here’s what you should expect from your tire balancing beads:
- Longer tire life: Because the beads are constantly moving around, they evenly distribute the vehicle’s weight on the entire tire surface. This helps to prevent tread wear and makes your tires last longer.
- Better fuel economy: Unevenly distributed weight can cause your vehicle to work harder, which means it will use more fuel. Balancing beads help to minimize this so you can save money at the pump.
- Smooth ride: Unbalanced tires can cause your vehicle to vibrate, which can be extremely annoying (and even dangerous). Balancing beads help to cancel out this vibration for a smoother, more enjoyable ride.
Try Out Balancing Beads From ABC Balancing Beads
If you’re looking for a way to extend the life of your tires and improve your fuel economy, wheel balancing beads are a great solution. Just remember to use the right amount for your vehicle and inflate your tires to the recommended pressure. Our team at ABC Balancing Beads will provide you with all the information you need to stabilize your tires and protect your vehicle.
Our tempered glass beads are coated with silicon to avoid clumping or moist absorption inside the tire. We guarantee you complete balance at any speed and on any wheel position. No more waiting! Order your beads today from us.